We assist public housing authorities in governance, legal compliance, alleged wrongful practices, evictions, and other matters, and help them further their mission.
Business & Healthcare Law > Public Housing & Landlord Tenant Representation
Public Housing & Landlord Tenant Lawyers in Montana
BKBH has provided general counsel legal services to public housing authorities since 2008. With reliance upon public funding sources to assist the populations they serve, public housing authorities must operate with best business practices, and in compliance with a multitude of state and federal regulations governing every facet of their operations.
BKBH represents public housing authorities and affordable housing entities across Montana. We provide effective, timely and efficient representation to these quasi-governmental agencies so that they can further their missions and objectives, including providing clean and safe housing at an affordable price to those in need.
Our experience in rendering legal services to public and affordable housing entities includes advice and representation in matters concerning:
- public housing assistance and voucher eligibility
- tenant rules compliance
- notice and unit inspections
- toxic substance assessment and remediation
- unit and personal property abandonment
- trespass and visitor conduct
- tenant complaints and grievances
- alleged housing discrimination
- lease agreements
- lease termination and eviction
- redevelopment contracting and procurement
- public meetings/right to know and participate
- tenant privacy
- resident management corporation issues
- media relations
- corporate governance
- Fair Housing Law compliance
- accessible housing
- a wide array of commercial and general liability insurance claims and coverage issues.
- Advising Public Housing Authorities Concerning State and Federal Law Compliance
- Assisting on Operational Legal Matters
- Representing Housing Authorities in Tenant Matters