With More Than 200 Years of Collective Insurance Defense, We Are Routinely Hired by Insurance Companies to Defend Their Insureds, as well as Their Interests in Bad Faith Claims.
Disputes & Litigation > Insurance Defense
Montana Insurance Defense Attorneys
BKBH is frequently retained by insurance companies in connection with the representation of their insureds, as well as by various insurance companies, including risk retention group (RRGs), on a variety of issues ranging from coverage determinations to bad faith claims.
Our representation includes state and federal court, administrative proceedings, and claims before the Insurance Commissioner. With more than 200 years of collective insurance defense experience, we are regularly retained by insurance companies to defend a wide variety of businesses, municipalities, and governmental entities, such as associations of cities and towns and associations of school districts.
Specific Insurance Defense Claims in Which Representation is Provided
We are frequently retained by insurance companies in matters including:
- toxic tort and environmental liability,
- product liability, including asbestos matters
- personal injury and wrongful death,
- attorney malpractice and other professional malpractice and negligence, and
- commercial litigation matters.
In addition to defending insureds concerning underlying claims, we also represent insurance companies in providing coverage opinions, reservation of rights, loss recovery, and other general liability matters.
Communicating with Clients – How We Assist Insurance Companies
When we are retained by insurance companies to represent the interests of their insureds, we recognize the legal interests and communication that is necessary in coordinating various interests. In particular, we recognize that insurance companies seek counsel who will:
- comply with their guidelines
- report in a timely manner, including the initial case report
- provide a straight-forward assessment of a case
- assist in providing the information needed to that an appropriate reserve can be set
- provide a cost analysis and budget for a matter based upon experience, a reasonable budget, and the consideration of all costs and fees
- not pad bills or over-staff a matter
- be able to fully manage all aspects of a claim
- be available and responsive to questions and requests for information
- call to provide updates as a case progresses.
- Defense in Toxic Tort & Environmental Liability Matters
- Personal Injury Defense
- Employment Defense
- Defense in Business & Commercial Disputes
- Bad Faith Defense