Montana farmers and ranchers face unique challenges, ranging from environmental, financing, and regulatory matters to succession planning. We help farmers and ranchers succeed in their operations, and plan for the next generation.
Business & Healthcare Law > Agriculture
Ranching Attorney & Farm Lawyer for Agriculture Matters
Farms and ranches, both big and small, can face a host of federal, state, and local legal issues. Our attorneys are well versed in dealing with all levels of regulatory issues facing Montana farms and ranches, including environmental, water, safety, federal and state program compliance and financing, and employment regulations and responsibilities.
As Montana ranching attorneys and farming lawyers, we are also experienced business attorneys who regularly assist clients with the unique issues facing farms and ranches, including:
- Business succession planning
- Contracts and agreements
- Conservation easements
- Crop insurance arbitration
- Nation Appeal Division hearings
- Estate planning
- Quiet Title Actions
- Financing (including federal and state financing programs)
- Land use and zoning
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Title issues
We also regularly work with out-of-state owners regarding issues of ranch management and oversight to protect and preserve our clients’ recreational and agricultural investments.
As ranchers and farmers well know, water rights are critical to agricultural operations. We represent landowners throughout Montana in water rights litigation matters, helping clients secure and protect their water rights interests so that their operations can be continued. For more information about our water rights practice, please click here.
- Representation of dozens of clients in asserting and protecting water rights in litigation
- Succession planning for farming and ranching operations
- Real estate purchases and sales
- Easement and boundary matters
- Permitting and zoning approvals