Criminal Defense and Compliance focuses on government investigation and defense of complex criminal cases arising from business transactions. BKBH represents businesses that may be the subject of a criminal investigation. Services include:
• Consulting with management to assess the company’s exposure to penalties.
• Conducting internal investigations to determine the nature and extent of potential wrongdoing.
• Recommending and coordinating the work of outside counsel for representation of employees who may be targets or witnesses in the investigation
• Assisting businesses in responding to grand jury subpoenas for their business records.
• Preparing employees to testify before a grand jury
• Negotiating with prosecutors for favorable disposition short of criminal prosecution.
We have successfully defended clients against allegations of criminal environmental violations, healthcare fraud, insider trading and securities fraud, government contracts fraud, anti-kickback statute, criminal antitrust violations, and others.
By working to resolve matters before charges are filed, we have helped clients avoid criminal prosecution and the damaging publicity and negative consequences that follow. We represent clients in parallel civil suits and regulatory matters that can arise during criminal investigations and prosecutions.